HVAC Distributors now stocks Diversitech’s self-regulating freeze protection cable. Self-regulating freeze protection has several benefits over traditional constant wattage cables:
- Use with a greater variety of materials, including PVC piping. The self-regulation feature prevents overheating, which can cause PVC to melt.
- Can be overlapped during installation without fear of burnout.
- Can be cut to length in the field without factory assistance.
This new product improves on older style constant wattage cables by replacing the metal heating element with electrically conductive carbon black powder. The powder responds to local changes in temperature, which ensures that condensate or hydronic lines being warmed by the cable are not overheated.
This product will save you time in the field and help you perform a quality installation for your customers. For further information on how you can use this cable, contact your local branch or your Account Manager. The product is currently available for order through Web Order Entry (see Features, below, for Product Order Numbers).
- 240v power
- Available in 6.5′ (Product HC-02-02), 19.5′ (Product HC-06-02) and 32.5′ (Product HC-10-02). Longer lengths are available as special order.
- Includes lead wires
- Ideal for plastic condensate lines & hydronic supply piping in unconditioned spaces (provides indoor & outdoor freeze protection)
- Assembled in the USA