Goodman Manufacturing has announced the next phase of its communicating equipment interface: ComfortBridge™. This technology will replace the current ComfortNet™ communicating thermostat.
What is ComfortBridge?
ComfortBridge is a board-based communication platform (versus the thermostat-based ComfortNet technology). It uses Bluetooth® technology to commission, configure and diagnose equipment. This frees you, as the contractor, to use the thermostat control of your choice with the equipment without sacrificing the communicating benefits of the system.
What units are affected?
All communicating system furnaces and air handlers will be upgraded to ComfortBridge-enabled boards. Starting July 2018, you may receive an updated communicating furnace with your order of the following models: AMVC96, ACVC96, GMVC96, GCVC96.
Because this is a revision to an existing model, not a new product, HVAC Distributors will make best efforts to sell through existing inventory (ComfortNet-communicating product) before selling the new inventory. This will give you time to download the app and learn more about the ComfortBridge technology.
What does this mean for you?
- Thermostat Flexibility. You are no longer tied to the CTK04 to make the most of the equipment’s communicating features. You can use your choice of thermostats, including any brands your company may have standardized on.
- Application Flexibility. ComfortBridge opens possibilities for 2-stage, modulating and inverter applications, hydronic connectivity, external dehumidification connectivity and ventilation connectivity that were not available with the CTK04 configuration.
But Wait, There’s More…
To get ready for this change, we encourage you to:
- Download the Cool Cloud HVAC app (Android download | Apple download) to your smart phone. Have all of your installing and servicing technicians do the same.
- Watch our tutorial from Eric Kravitz, HVAC Distributors’ Technical Support & Training Supervisor, on how the new boards work and how to make the most of your installation.
- If you are an HVAC Distributors customer and have questions when you get the new furnaces, reach out to our Tech Services team at 800.228.4822 x5. This service is available for HVAC Distributors customers only.