Goodman has released Service Bulletin SF-078 containing instructions on setting up a new ComfortBridge™ control system furnace with a non-communicating outdoor unit.
(For Goodman’s announcement on the ComfortBridge system, click here.)
When installing a new ComfortBridge™ control system furnace with non-communicating outdoor units please adhere to the following instructions for setting up the equipment airflow. This safeguard was put in place to prevent maximum airflow when no adjustments are made during the install.
NOTE: Please refer to the Quick Start section of the installation manual IOG-2015 for low voltage wiring connections for your specific application. Once you have the unit installed, wired in correctly to terminals Y and G, and ready to start up, the following will assist you in configuring the furnace to operate with a non-communicating air conditioner using the PCB push buttons. Failure to follow these instructions will cause the unit to stay in “IdL” mode and not pass the call for “AC” airflow with a call for cooling.
1. From the “IdL” menu push the Left or Right push buttons until you get to the “OdS” menu.
2. Once at the “OdS” menu push the center button. This will get you into the submenu and display will now read “Off”. Once “Off” is on the 7 segment LED then push the Right button until you see “1AC” (single stage AC). Select the center button once to accept “1AC” and a second time back out to the “OdS” menu. Note: The “OdS” menu also contains configuration options (2AC-2stage AC, 1HP-1 stage HP, 2HP-2 stage HP.)
3. Once you have selected “1AC” and hit the center button twice you will now see “OdS” in the 7-segment displays. This confirms the change has been made and you can now push any two buttons and you will be brought back to the main “IdL” menu.
4. You have now successfully configured the system to utilize a non-communicating air conditioner using the PCB pushbuttons. You now need to select an airflow value in the “ton” menu. You will set this according to what CFM is required by the size of the AC you have installed as found in IOG-2015.
3 Ton Models = 1400 CFM (*MVC960803 max CFM is 1650)
Note: the system will not provide airflows above the Max Airflow Value.
- 3 Ton Models = 1400 CFM (*MVC960803 max CFM is 1650)
- 4 Ton Models = 1760 CFM
- 5 Ton Models = 2200 CFM
If you have questions about this bulletin, HVAC Distributors customers can reach out to our Technical Service department at 800.228.4822 x5.