Goodman has recently released Service Bulletin SP-038 Rev. 1 regarding economizer installation wiring for residential package units. The purpose of this bulletin is to provide instructions for the installation of an economizer on “H” and “M” Series residential package units that do not have a factory installed economizer wiring harness.
Daikin has introduced a new Wi-Fi adapter accessory (BRP072A43) that allows the homeowner to control their Daikin ductless system via their smartphone or tablet. The device is a small box, about the size of a deck of cards, that mounts to the wall next to the indoor unit. It can easily be installed as an add-on to an existing unit at the homeowner’s request.
The “Daikin Comfort Control App” is available for free on Google Play or iTunes, for Android or Apple OS.
- Fully programmable (5+2, 5+1+1 and 7 day).
- Controls multiple Daikin ductless systems in the house, either individually or as a single group
- Works on most infrared-controlled Daikin units, including the most common wall mount units (15 Series, 19 Series, 20 Series, LV Series, MXS Series, MXL Series)
- Works with the new floor mount indoor units, which work with the 20 Series, MXS and MXL Series outdoor units
Note: This adapter does not work with slim duct, ceiling cassette, Quaternity or most SkyAir indoor units. For Wi-Fi capability for a Slim Duct unit (LV, MXS or MXL Series) or for the Quaternity Series, the ENVi thermostat (DACA-TS1-1) is Wi-Fi compatible.
Due to DOE Federal regulatory requirements, manufacturers must end production of 13 SEER packaged rooftop products by December 31, 2016.
This change affects both Fraser-Johnston and Daikin rooftop units sold through HVAC Distributors & HVAC Commercial Solutions.
In preparation, manufacturers are making a “last call” for production to meet the needs of customers prior to the production deadline.
If you have project needs that may require 13 SEER packaged rooftop equipment, please contact your account manager as soon as possible to ensure that we can meet your project needs.
Specific Units Affected
- Fraser-Johnston ZS series (3 – 5 ton) will transition to the ZD series
- Fraser-Johnston XA series (3 – 5 ton) will transition to the XT series
- Daikin DC series (3 – 5 ton) is affected. We will communicate details of Daikin’s transition plan as it is available.
Philadelphia Area Contractors, read on for current Homeowner Rebates from PECO. For assistance determining qualifying match-ups, use the AHRI site.
PECO Smart Home Rebates can be combined with EAP rebates for additional homeowner savings.
PECO Smart Home Rebates
Updated as of June 1, 2016
Available through HVAC Distributors on:
Amana & Goodman Heat Pumps
|$60/Ton||ENERGY STAR® 16.0 to 17.99 SEER, 8.5 HSPF, 12.5 EER heat pump system|
|$110/Ton||ENERGY STAR 18.0+ SEER, 8.5 HSPF, 12.5 EER heat pump system|
Daikin & LG Ductless Heat Pumps
|$75/Ton||16.0 to 17.99 SEER, 8.5 HSPF, 12.5 EER ductless heat pump system|
|$110/Ton||18+ SEER, 8.5 HSPF, 12.5 EER
ductless heat pump system
Amana & Goodman Air Conditioners
|$50/Ton||15.0 to 17.99 SEER, 12.5 EER central air conditioning system|
|$85/Ton||18.0+ SEER, 12.5 EER central air conditioning system|
Amana & Goodman Natural Gas Furnaces
|$100||High Efficiency Furnace Fan|
|$1,000||Replace a Baseboard or Electric Furnace Heating System with an ENERGY STAR 95%+ AFUE Gas Furnace with <=2% Furnace Fan Efficiency and <2% Air Leakage|
ClimateMaster Geothermal Systems
|$150||Desuperheater as an Option on a Qualified Geothermal Heat Pump|
Dunkirk, HTP and Lochinvar Boilers
|$300||ENERGY STAR Natural Gas Boiler (90% AFUE or higher)|
Homeowner to be a PECO Electric customer. Fuel Switch Rebates require the customer to be a Residential Heat (RH) customer.
Complete details of the PECO Smart Home Rebate program is available here.
Daikin has announced that Daikin LV Series and Quaternity models are now qualified for the ENERGY STAR® Most Efficient 2016 Recognition Criteria. The models below and their ratings are listed on the Consortium for Energy Efficiency’s (CEE) Directory of Efficient Equipment at http://www.ceedirectory.org/site/1/Home.
There are a total of eight system combinations that meet the performance criteria of 20 SEER, 12.5 EER and 10.0 HSPF.
Daikin is continuously developing high efficiency products that meet dealer and consumer needs for energy savings and high quality. All supporting Daikin literature, such as websites, consumer brochures and catalogs, is being updated to reflect these enhancements in the coming weeks.
You can order Daikin ductless products at any of our HVAC Distributors locations, by phone or through Web Order Entry. To find out more about the Daikin ductless product line, contact your Account Manager.
HVAC Distributors is now offering Daikin Ductless residential and light commercial products as part of its ductless line up.
As your Partner for Success, HVAC Distributors decided to bring the Daikin line on for our customers because:
- Daikin is a worldwide leader in ductless technology. It’s products are known for energy-efficient and trouble-free operation. All of its ductless products are run with its proprietary inverter technology, which Daikin has perfected over 20 years.
- Like Amana, Daikin offers the leading residential warranty in the industry – 10 year parts limited warranty on its 15 Series, and 12 year parts limited warranty on its 19 Series and above when the products are registered.
- Daikin ductless products include options for additional extended service warranties.
- Daikin’s Enhanced Capacity series (in single & multi-zones) has a heating range of -13°F – 75°F (when used with the optional drain pan heater) and runs on a conventional 15v (single zone) or 20v (multi-zone) circuit.
- Our Amana Advantage dealers get the additional benefit of 2% marketing funds on all Daikin purchases made through HVAC Distributors. This marketing fund benefit is available to Goodman dealers who commit to offer Daikin ductless, as well.
HVAC Distributors carries residential single- and multi-zone Daikin ductless, as well as the SkyAir light commercial line.
You can order Daikin ductless products at any of our HVAC Distributors locations, by phone or through Web Order Entry. To find out how you can take advantage of the marketing funds benefit (Daikin 3D Program), contact your Account Manager.
Daikin’s new $417 million ComfortPlex facility is nearing completion. Daikin anticipates that it will be fully operational by March 1. The new, state-of-the-art business campus will manufacture Amana, Goodman and Daikin residential unitary equipment, Daikin commercial equipment and Daikin ductless equipment.
This will be the first facility for Daikin where ducted and ductless products are assembled under the same roof.
This consolidation directly reflects Daikin’s global commitment to local, in-country, manufacturing. This philosophy is a driving force throughout the organization and is central to the consistent growth that has led to Daikin being the leading global manufacturer in the HVAC industry.
“Our employees in the United States embrace a philosophy of American Pride,” stated Mr. Takeshi Ebisu, President and CEO. “This is because employees are the driving force and a core value that allows us to continue as a leader in the market. Building the new campus is an exciting opportunity that will help us create synergies by bringing together our valuable employees and giving them what we believe will be the best facilities and work environment in the HVAC industry.”
For the most recent updates on the construction of the new facility, visit www.comfortplex.com.