For the most up-to-date detail of federal, state and local tax credits, visit dsireusa.org.
Federal Hydronics Tax Credits & Qualifying HVAC Distributors Equipment
|$150||Natural Gas, Propane or Oil Boilers||95% AFUE Rating|
|$300||Water Heaters (non-solar)||Electric:
Energy Factor ≥ 2.0Gas, Oil, Propane:
Energy Factor ≥ .82 or
Thermal Efficiency ≥ 90%
In Pennsylvania, Philadelphia Gas Works currently has a Residential & Small Business Equipment Rebate program where homeowners can get a $1,500 rebate on the first installed unit and $800 rebate on any additional units installed on the project (using this Homeowner Rebate Form) when the product(s) installed are natural gas boilers with an AFUE of 94% or more.
95%+ AFUE Boilers In-Stock At HVAC Distributors
- Dunkirk Helix VLT/VX Mod-Con Boilers: Sizes 50,000 BTU – 299,000 BTU. 15 year limited heat exchanger warranty. 1 year limited parts warranty.
- HTP EFTC Series Combi Unit: Sizes 140,000 BTU & 199,000 BTU. 10 year limited heat exchanger warranty. 5 year parts warranty.
- HTP UFT Series Combi Unit: Sizes 80,000 BTU – 199,000 BTU. 10 year limited heat exchanger warranty.
- Lochinvar Knight Mod-Con Boilers. Sizes 80,000 BTU – 399,000 BTU. 12 year limited heat exchanger warranty.
- Utica SSC Mod-Con Boilers: Sizes 75,000 BTU – 299,000 BTU. 15 year limited heat exchanger warranty. 1 year limited parts warranty.
Water Heaters (Non-Solar) In-Stock At HVAC Distributors that Qualify for the Federal Program
- HTP EverLast Water Heater: 80 gallon in-stock (other sizes available). Limited lifetime warranty.
- HTP Hydra Smart Tankless Water Heater: Size 199,000 BTU. 12 year limited heat exchanger warranty. 5 year parts warranty.
- HTP RGH-199 Crossover: Size 199,000 BTU. 12 year limited heat exchanger warranty.
- HTP Phoenix Light Duty DHW Heater/Tank: Size 76,000 BTU – 50, 60 and 80 gallons.
- Rinnai RUR/RUC Ultra Series: Size 199,000 BTU. Now PVC vented.
Questions about which product is best to offer your homeowners? Contact your account manager or your local branch. You can also get your customer-specific pricing and product availability immediately by logging in to Web Order Entry (registration and HVAC Distributors customer account required).
Federal Tax Credit Exclusions for 2016
The maximum amount an eligible homeowner may receive in federal tax credits for purchasing and installing qualifying products is now 10% of the cost of the improvement, including installation costs, up to $500 (there are per-item limits).
The $500 tax credit amount is reduced by the total amount of residential energy property credits a homeowner has claimed for purchases between 2006 and 2016.
For full details of exclusions, click here for our March Product & Service News